8.26.2009

day two classes- syllabi, yogurt, and new faces

today is the second day of classes and i think that i will be able to keep my head above water. i just have to keep telling myself that. i had a little bit of a freak out glitch yesterday when i realized that i had a ton of music classes that i didn't understand, as well as two core classes..and that HPU isn't camp. i don't get to go home in five days. Romans 8:15 says, "For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by Him we cry, 'Abba, Father.' " I am holding to that. I am holding to the fact that the spirit I have received is a spirit of sonship, of victory in the One who overcame. i take comfort in the remembrance that my sweet Father has my life in His hands. His fingers don't part and cause me to fall through the cracks. Safe am I.

i haven't been in the Word as much as i need to be. i have to make my time with Him the top of my list- no matter what classes and activities step into the way and communicate a false level of importance that i might put in front of my secret time with Him. that is definitely going to be a staple of the success of my college life- staying focused on why i'm even here. on why i'm taking these classes. on who i'm glorifying with my higher education and my conduct while i'm here. He is my purpose and this education adventure is His doing. He is living in and with me and i i will be a dwelling place for His delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment