8.24.2009

seminars and such

the past few days have been an ongoing orientation that feels somewhat like summer camp.. but classes start tomorrow. none of this team chanting and assemblies on traditions and university pride. i printed my schedule today and realized that all THIRTEEN of my classes are confined to two buildings. being a music major, most of my classes are in the music complex. i only have two classes that aren't music related. they are communications and algebra and they are both in the same building. i'm not too hot on either of those subjects.

listening to alot of rick pino and kari jobe lately. the lyrics speak loud of truth and purity. i'm doing my best to surround myself with all kinds of encouragement. even though i attend a baptist university, i was swiftly made aware of the fact that by no means are all of the students here Christians. so i'm choosing to be somewhat guarded and careful about the people i spend lots of time with. one of the reasons God called me here, i can see now, is to use my LOVE INFLUENCE on campus with everyone that i meet because i have no idea of their background or where they stand in their relationship with the Most High. so why would i ever pass up even the smallest of opportunities to shine His light through my actions, speech, compassion, service? i am choosing to step out in faith- meet people, and love on them. i'm good at that.

His provision is so apparent in my life. i live under the shelter of His wings. it is truly grace: a thing that i do not deserve that i was given. it is truly mercy: not getting the wrath that my actions outside of His perfect and free salvation would afford me. it is truly love: that i fall down and lose focus, that i snap, that i often times forget what and WHO i am living for- and yet He loves me with a passionate and ever pursuing love. nothing on this earth is worth my worry. worthy of my praise. i have an eternal destination. the world is my waiting room- but as i wait- I WILL SERVE. I WILL BRING IN THE HARVEST. I WILL BE A WATCHMAN OF COMPASSION.

No comments:

Post a Comment