8.22.2009

huggin some floral carpet. basking in chill.

Love influence. I was talking with my roommate today and i thought that's what she said but i actually misheard her. It was just a slurring of words but when i heard it- it just dove into my skin. the miscommunication wasn't a mistake. i wrote it down and i just thought, "that is so true. love influence. sometimes that's the perfect way to explain a situation or a relationship." It's a love influence. my relationship with my dad is a love influence. the way a small group comes together in harmony and unity-love influence. that's one of the ways Jesus chose for me to live and communicate. through love influence. It can be hard to remember that when i get caught up in my social life but i end up sitting back and realizing- its out of LOVE for my Saviour that i live and act the way i do. He gave His love to me- i'm called to share my love influence with others. I have a feeling that will be a big key on campus this year.

i have officially moved into my dorm/cinderblock cell. all o my cutsie things are in place. i have this great collage of my photography of my family on my wall- peppered with paisley wall adhesives. colorful curtains, string lights, tons o pillows.
classes start on tuesday. in other words- my seventeen hours of music major classes,algebra, speech, BSM work, TOMS representative work, and who knows what the flip else starts in two days. i tend to whip out my planner and start overthinking everything: "ok- today i want to get this done on campus, this done off campus. i want to eat lunch with this person, adopt ten dogs, and solve world hunger" and of course i over plan my days because i'm trying to do it alone. my exceedingly wise and beautiful grandma sent me this verse that i will part with-

"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves but our sufficiency is from God" 2 Corinthians 3:5. that goes along with another struggle i have- acknowledging Him instead of leaning on my own understanding. i love it when He continues to show me scripture regarding something that He's been trying to show me for quite some time. I am still in the process of learning myself and realizing that it takes me several several experiences to realize that the way i handled it was not of Him- even though it didn't crash and burn..
learning myself is an adventure. a worry free one because i know there is someone who already has that under control..has had it under control before my existence was something anyone contemplated.

1 comment:

  1. i'm pretty sure that i'm feeling the same way.
    any normal person would have been flipping out the past three days because of their lack of money and supplies to get to college.
    but i wasn't, because i've been asking God to put me in a place where i have to rely on Him and Him alone.
    complete faith.
    He did that. I had faith. He came through.
    I was given a brand new bookshelf today.
    I was given $90 today.
    all because i have a wonderful, all-knowing creator that loves me.
    and i had faith in Him.
    so far, i'd say college has been a faith experience and that it's brought me closer to Him than ever before.
    I LOVE YOU TEXANNA.
    and miss you dearly.

    ReplyDelete