8.27.2009

finding my groove. and groovin it.

I sort of wandered around, flipping out in my head about all of the music classes that i was taking and thinking that i wasn't going to be able to keep my head above water. But i have managed it so far. God has sent a few really rockin people into my life that know what they're doing when it comes to music theory. So last night, we met and did our theory homework while we did our laundry. It was actually very enjoyable. I made this awesome black bean avacado dip and we trucked through that assignment like there was no tomorrow. It was epic.

I am also, miraculously, keeping my side of the dorm pretty dang clean and organized. And you know what? It feels really great. I think i do well in small spaces that i can claim as my own. i just feel more compelled to maintain my area and keep it satisfactory and comfortable. My own little niche. I am going to wal-mart (the only product extensive store in the whole town and probably the county) today to buy to ivy plants for my plant pots that sit by the window on my sweet bookshelf that i got at IKEA. I want my little dorm to feel as much like my ecclectic, colorful home as possible. I'm also trying to brainstorm about some really cute and crafty things that i can do to my dorm room to make it as homey as possible. The walls are still a little too bare. I have an awesome collage of pictures on one side of the wall but i don't really have anything else on the walls. I love it when i have to go out and buy something even though i have to spend money, because it means that i leave the campus and go somewhere decently stimulating.

No comments:

Post a Comment