8.14.2009

exactly one week.

I will be moving into my dorm at Howard Payne University in exactly one week. I am a music major and my roommate's name is Carlee Linae Ammons. She seems rad. That is literally all i know and am ready for. Scratch that- i do know one more thing and it happens to be the most important. My King wants me to go here. He told me that this was where He wanted me and then proceeded to pour money all over the situation. That is when i stopped asking questions and began living like a taken-care-of daughter instead of a stumbling vagabond.

This blog will serve as a mode of communication to everyone I am leaving at home and to all of my friends parting ways, a record of events and emotions for future entertainment and reflection, and, more selfishly, a supporter of my mental health.

I'm not one to dwell on grammar and spelling, nor will i always make sense. But i feel the need to open this blog to those who, for some reason or another, have a desire to be informed of the goings on in my life at college. I will be updating quite regularly on the shape that God is molding my life into and my thoughts on the new setting that my life is playing out in.
I honestly love to be alone. Left to think and to let my words flow into somewhat comprehensible ideas. I have a feeling I might get quite a large dose of that awesome solitude. That's when i experience my best, most prolific literary expression- when I am alone and comfortable.
So, until something significant concerning my higher education occurs, may peace dwell in you and yours.

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY like the last sentence of your first paragraph. Sounds like a really good move...and the KEY to the "perpetual state of searching for the release of stress and worry." -An entry point for the practice of divine and wonderful Christ-consciousness instead of self-consciousness. That is my story. Love it that you are on the same path. Good on ya!
    I am now following your blog! Peace...

    ReplyDelete