9.05.2009

a deep breath weekend.

i went home to Weatherford on Friday after our choir retreat. i'm honestly enjoying college but i was desperately wanting to go home for a while. when the retreat was over, i couldn't pack up my things and get on the road fast enough.
i had an awesome dinner with my sister last night when i came in and then we went shopping until fairly late. it feels so good to be home and safe with my dad.
i'm practicing my piano and getting consistently better at it. i think it's really going to help me learn and memorize the notes and intervals on both staffs.

i am trying to learn to quit moving so fast in my head. it's pretty hard. i overthink pretty much everything that i do. and it usually morphs into me doing unnecessary things that just add stress and take away down time in my day. i'm just thankful that the first step is realizing and admitting that weakness and now i'm set up for success.
going to enjoy the next couple of days in town and then head back out to HPU.

No comments:

Post a Comment