9.14.2009

my existence right now is shining. i have found nourishing fellowship. a group of people who love to serve and love to read the Word for absolute, unbending truth- not for "interpretation". my campus is green and leafy. small and personal. my room is comfortable and secluded.
i have no reason to worry about petty things in my life the nag and nag. i will not let the enemy pick and pick at my focus until my eyes come unglued from my Creator and my Scheduler. the One who holds my plans and speaks peace over them. i need to uncurl my fists and hand him my planner, yield control.

i get so caught up in my sticky notes packed with errands and tasks and things that i need to pay for. the hilarious thing is that i have peace. it came with my eternity package. i just have this tendency to believe that everything to be done has to be done on my watch, by my strength. and then i lose sight and feeling of the peace because i'm so focused on obtaining it on my own.
Jesus is first. He created me for HIMSELF(Colossians 1:16) and He wants me to succeed in HIM.- not try and try and try to succeed on my own. because ultimate success won't happen by worldly means. i was never meant to live outside of His strength. so when i try- why is it always surprising that no good comes of it?
it will be a conscious effort this week to surrender. i need to work on embracing my weakness.

purely calming weather this week. chilly, rainy, dark. i love it.

1 comment: